GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > POI Updates and Downloads > POI Updates - new entries and updating exisiting

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum   Reply to topic POI Updates - new entries and updating exisiting

kent.wun

GPS: Garmin nuvi 255W

Post POI Updates - new entries and updating exisiting     

I am still new at this custom POI and decided to start with the Starbucks and Tim Horton coffee locations for my city (Ottawa).

Things loaded fine and I took a drive around to see if the proximity alerts would trigger. It did for some locations, but not others. When I got home, I looked at the POI file and found some locations missing and others with slightly incorrect coordinates.

Sorry for the long preamble, but here are my questions...

1. Is there a guideline of what data to put in for a new location. I found the place to enter a new POI. I entered the coordinates and then typed in "Starbucks" then submitted it. I was expecting it to prompt me for some additional info--address, phone number, etc but it did not. So I would like to go back in to edit this POI. Is there a standard way of entering the description?

2. In reviewing some of the other POIs of the places I loaded, I noticed the location (coordinates) were a bit off. Is there a way to make adjustments to these? Should the coordinates be of the actual restaurant location or is the coordinates taken from the road entrance to the place. For example, a Starbucks may be located in a plaza. The POI coordinates identify it to be at the road whereas it is located in the corner of a plaza and there may be 200m difference.

Cheers...Kent

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum Reply to topic POI Updates - new entries and updating exisiting
Home > GPS Forum > POI Updates and Downloads > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: POI Updates - new entries and updating exisiting | POI Updates and Downloads forum