GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Mio > CSV format in POIs Navman 470

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Mio forum   Reply to topic CSV format in POIs Navman 470

poppy.dog

GPS: Mio Navman 470

Post CSV format in POIs Navman 470     

Hi there, having trouble with some POIs we need to import. The lists look identically formatted, but one list the satnav can find POI by NAME only, not by proximity to my location or route!
We are grasping at straws regarding formatting of extra spaces etc...

Please help!

gavincobbe

GPS: Mio Navman 470

Post POI search Navman 470     

This was driving me mad too and after many e-mails to Mio support, I finally copped on how to do it! Probably not much use to the original poster now, but may help someone else:

In the csv file, the third column is the description. You must have the NAME of what you are looking for in this column, not just the location. So, for example, if I was searching for a Lidl store nearby, it would need to be Lidl Clane - Celbridge Road and not just the location. If you need to add to the description in the column (say to add in Lidl all the way down), you can use the Concatenate (list1, list2...) formula in excel and saves a lot of typing! Then use Paste Special to paste the Values of the merged column only, as you don't want to carry forward the forumlas in your csv file. Finally, delete the redundant columns and it will now search by Nearby and also InCity/Area, which won't show up unless you do the above. Smile

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Mio forum Reply to topic CSV format in POIs Navman 470
Home > GPS Forum > Mio > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: CSV format in POIs Navman 470 | Mio forum