GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsGPS ReviewsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport

Search   Register   Log in

GPS Forum > Reviews > Garmin > Recent ratings for Garmin 265 GPS models

Garmin related links: Garmin POI,   Garmin Forum,   TomTom to Garmin POI converter,   Speed cameras

GPS Forum GPS brand:     Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next 
# Username GPS model Pros Cons Rating
1 Garmin Nuvi 265W Everything works as advertised. Battery life could be better.
2 gautamheble Garmin nuvi 265W It quickly sets up route info to my destination. Its very easy to use even for first timers 1) The device does not show POIs in map mode 2) Some new addresses are not identified 6
3 hobbsd1 Garmin Nuvi 265WT This unit is excellent, the screen is big enough to see easily, detail is easy to read.
I use the bluetooth feature all the time, as I have it connected to my Cell phone while I am in the car.
I havent come across any so far, but I am only now starting to update the files in the unit. 9
4 ivan.cherkashin Garmin Nuvi 265W Excellent reception even in almost any area. Good screen, standard SD slot (not mini) Not flexible while offering route. Does not offer a choice of routs. 7
5 computermantom Garmin nuvi 265w Most everything seems adequate after time spending with it. Does not show current time when going to destination. Shows only the destination ETA. 6
6 MartinSandberg Garmin Nuvi 265WT Updates quickly. Speed limits are helpful. Directions are clear. Some settings are hard to find. Need more user flexibility 7
7 c764 Garmin 265WT Ive been using Mapquest for 7-8 yrs and so far (only had it 3 weeks) I can rate this device a Excellent. It has successfully helped me avoid heavy traffic in Boston, MA and getting through/around Hartford, CT. It cannot get a satellite signal in my home. Not a big deal cause I can just go out to the balcony. Gonna be a different story here in NY during the winter... 9
8 akolokithias Garmin Nuvi 265WT The 265WT is a good value purchase it comes with lifetime free traffic, it has Bluetooth that you can use as a hands free unit with your cell, it can also dial any POI with a listed phone number.
The touch screen works well. It seems to be durable too, I dropped it a few times and all still works well. I just bought another one from Costco for only $169.
No much, Maybe some more gadgets like satelight info, games ect. 9
9 shannon.orem Garmin Nuvi 265WT Big screen but not too big 4.3
Traffic data.
Suction cup seems better than my previous one.
Charging cable is a bit bulky because of the traffic receiver. 7
10 jambrose Garmin Nuvi 265WT Very accurate arrival time, very sensitive receiver, good price for all the features including bluetooth and free Traffic alerts. Easy to update maps and POIs. Doesnt show POIs on the map while driving. 8
11 andy61 Garmin nuvi 265W Easy to use; quick to load; quick to acquire satellites. (IMHO as a first time Sat Nav owner!) POI organisation could be improved 7
12 cory.lievers Garmin Nuvi 265WT - Inexpensive as far as gpses go
- Easy to use
- Bluetooth wireless hands free - if it works properly for you
1. Bluetooth - Volume goes way down when my bluetooth connects; seems like a bug. - Takes a while for my phones address book to synchronize (each time you turn it on), so the maps/navigation can freeze while this is running - Because of the above two, Im no longer using the bluetooth feature - No option to turn off the phone book sync, etc - Note, I have a Nokia e71 cell 2. Im used to Google maps for directions. With the directions of this unit it keeps wanting me to turn on streets instead of taking my primary route 6
13 edstrom442 Garmin 265WT Fast satellite acquisition, accurate directions, FM traffic Wish that power cord connected to mounting base instead of unit for faster stowage 9
14 edmilehi Garmin Nuvi 265 WT First GPS Ive had so hard to list strengths but it does lock onto the satellites very fast. Hard to navigate the options at first without a manual 7
15 cpsoft Garmin Nuvi 265T Small. Easily readable. Doesnt need much space. Works well in Mini Cooper. The Blutooth is excellent. The traffic warnings are not up to speed on construction zones. The text-to-speech is fairly poor with some common words, like North. Cant turn up loud enough to hear over music without distorting speaker. 6
16 nrsss Garmin 265WT Easy to find most locations including small parks and soccer fields. Proximity look up is nice when trying to find convenient places to eat, etc. It get us where we need to be. predefined routes not supported as far as I can tell on this unit 7
17 su1c1dal garmin 265WT simple to use out of the box
easy to update
speaker sounds tinny at higher volumes people say that they cant hear me properly via the bluetooth. 7
18 jacekmarszelik Garmin nüvi 265WT Easy to set up, easy to view screen, great volume, Clear pictures. Friendly user buttons,
traffic info well displayed, Bluetooth Speakerphone ,Lifetime traffic,text-to-speech (speaks actual street names),
and maps of the continental U.S. plus Hawaii, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
not usually the best route it often gives ridiculous guidance!??. 4
19 munaaffandi Garmin Nuvi 265wt Strong signal reception
user friendly interface
No MP3 Player No live time update 7
20 70icorr Garmin 265WT Simple to operate, clear screen and intuitive controls. Good dashboard or screen mounting.
ETA based on driving at maximum speed limits so unrealistic. ECO route seems to be more of a gimmik than any practical use. Traffic alerts are patchy buy suspect this is the quality of the information provided by third party. 7
21 kjellNN Garmin nüvi 265W Map information generally found to be accurate, routing was good, recalculations worked well. When placed on the windscreen mount the heat from the sun will cause the device to stop working. Some sort of heat shield is needed. Some road information in France was incorrect, road not built yet (Summer 2009). 7
22 richard_hackney garmin 265t easy to use - powerful computer does not provide either the fastest or shorter route to destination 9
23 greg_flyte Garmin Nuvi 265WT Bluetooth is actually better than I was expecting when paired with my Blackberry.
Very intuitive interface...no instructions needed!
Haven't found any yet. 9
24 adam.dunbar Garmin Nuvi 265WT User Friendly, Amazing amount of information pre-loaded Traffic Info So-so. Can take a while to recalculate 7
25 bmjae2000 garmin nuvi 265wt Street name announcements, bluetooth, touch screen, life time free traffic Route recalcaculations a little slow. 6
26 rwlloyd Garmin nuvi 265wt Good sat nav, fast updates, good POI, like the Custom POI feature No mp3 playback (no custom alert sounds), route recalculation is slow 8
27 shaun33 Garmin nüvi 265WT Bluetooth, lifetime Realtime Traffic, voice guided (in many languages), very user-friendly. Saving local points of interest (My Favorites) is not intuitive. 8
28 spidervan Garmin Nuvi 265WT Easy mount/dismount, portable, text-to-speech, lifetime traffic, widescreen, and Bluetooth. Difficult to customize. Lackluster Bluetooth hands-free speakerphone call quality. Searching POI database by spelling a business name is slow. Touchscreen requires a firmer touch. Can't customize the information displayed on the map screens information bar. Internal speaker isn't loud enough 6
29 parrothead Garmin 265W Clear Display, fast acquisition, accurate plotting. Horrible menu system, battery, lack of features. 6
30 joe3 Garmin Nuvi 265WT Easy to use,
Bright,
Bluetooth is nice
traffic is very nice
No MP3 support 6
31 dcoleman Garmin 265W Good clear instructions.
Good up to date maps
nice trip meter function.
Buggy Bluetooth if not compatible Mobile phone although other GPSs don't suffer from same problems. 6
32 trumby69 Garmin Nuvi 265WT Easy to use.
Bright screen.
Customisable.
Bluetooth works great.
Responsive and acurate touch-screen.
No Mp3 support. No AVI support. 7
Page 1 of 14

Garmin
is rated 6.7 / 10
based on
663 member reviews.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next 

Jump to:  

Copyright Notice: This database and related files are protected by copyright. © GPS_data_team 2004-2014. All rights reserved.

Permalink: Reviews for Garmin 265 | GDT mobile