GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsGPS ReviewsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

GPS Forum > Reviews > Garmin > Recent ratings for Garmin nuvi 1490t GPS models

Garmin related links: Garmin POI,   Garmin Forum,   TomTom to Garmin POI converter,   Speed cameras

GPS Forum GPS brand:     Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next 
# Username GPS model Pros Cons Rating
1 Garmin Nuvi 1490T Very easy to use, large screen
Not all the GPS have the Itineraries options but the 1490T have it and you can create until 8 different itineraries.
If you haven't, buy the lifetime update so you can keep you GPS for a while
Very slow to find an alternative road when you miss an exit. You need to update the map occasionally to keep your device in touch
2 rctabanay Garmin Nuvi 1490T Screen Size, Fast,Features Some Street names are Regional Street Names here in Canada 6
3 clboyles Garmin nuvi 1490T 5 screen with easy to read information. Great window mount, very easy to use. Dont like the freeway interchange graphics as well as the Tom Tom I had, but otherwise superior. 8
4 hnmpb Garmin Nuvi 1490T *Clear and bright display with light touch.
*Excellent announcement of turns including road name.
*Love the Where am I? function... a great feature in an emergency.
*Very easy to enter destination and any way points using multiple methods.

*Choice of keyboard layouts, QWERTY etc.
*Easy installation of Custom POIs using this GPS-Data-Team site.
*Announcement of Safety Cameras & School Zones if you install the sound files from this site (although the sound volume is too low for me).
It doesnt seem possible to enter unidirectional POIs. e.g. Cameras which only work in one direction such as the one on the F3 at Ourimbah, NSW, which only monitors the North-bound lane. It would also be nice if it only warned of school zones in the Kiss-and-Ride periods, morning and afternoon. My old Road Angel did. No over-speed warning. 8
5 lawrieaugustine Garmin nuvi 1490T Big screen, clear display, gives enough warning of direction / lane changes.
Volume control is good. touchscreen excellent / responsive .
Strange pronunciation of some street names, up to 6 months behind in road changes - software problem. The direction change is not always clear - cut short. 7
6 stevewaters garmin nuvi 1490T Garmin Nuvi 1490T
large, clear display. good range of tools and very quick to adjust to detours.
Using Garmins POI Loader software is a breeze: it would be nice if it also did conversion from other formats. 7
7 rmay Garmin Nuvi 1490T Nice screen, good mounting system,one connection to the car or computer poor route finding in my neighborhood,every manufacturer seems to have the same trouble I think it is something to do with the maps they use near to the airport for instance 5
Page 1 of 15

Garmin
is rated 6.7 / 10
based on
740 member reviews.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next 

Jump to:  

Permalink: Reviews for Garmin nuvi 1490t