GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > iGO > Chinese Satnavs running IGO (wince)

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in iGO forum   Reply to topic Chinese Satnavs running IGO (wince)

mickyowens

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 255w / Riocel 7" / Xgody 7"

Post Chinese Satnavs running IGO (wince)     

Anybody else had trouble with a "msbox.exe" error with these devices?

I have two different brand units, the first unit was my XGODY 7" device which gave this windows error every time to the power supply was connected to the vehicle or disconnected, annoyingly my ebay seller suggested reflashing the device and provided the files, which totally wiped the device as expected, then left me with no satnav/igo program.

This seller then claimed that should not have happened and I wiped IGO primo myself (even though their supplied files reflashed the wince OS on the device) Rolling Eyes Laughing

I shelved that unit and bought another chinese unit, branded "Riocel" this never gave any error messages at all for at least 6 months of heavy use (i am a smart meter installer so use the device all day)

Various updated maps were installed and the unit worked 100% fine until two weeks ago when I was working 200 miles away from home for 4 days, every single time I drove down the same road each day the unit would crash?

Thinking my map file may be corrupt I downloaded a new updated version, upon adding this to the device, it somehow lost all its GPS driver settings Evil or Very Mad , many hours googling about and I found a youtube video of a similar unit doing the same thing, the youtuber video owner suggested reflashing the device with files he found online, I tried the files I got from my Xgody serller, they flashed ok but gave a windows error, I tried the files this youtube guy suggested and they worked great, GPS driver started working again.

At this point I added IGO primo back to the device but my unit now suffers from intermittent msbox.exe errors the same as my first unit from xgody Evil or Very Mad

At this point I deiced to try something different as 2 chinese units breaking on me is not a good sign, hence why I picked up a cheap Garmin nuvi to play with.

Has anybody out there had a cheap chinese unit running IGO and had no trouble at all??

I did consider the android versions but could not find any decent reviews online?

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in iGO forum Reply to topic Chinese Satnavs running IGO (wince)
Home > GPS Forum > iGO > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Chinese Satnavs running IGO (wince) | iGO forum