GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Nuvi 765T - SD Card

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Nuvi 765T - SD Card Goto page

ian.mackintosh2

GPS: Garmin nuvi 765T

Post Nuvi 765T - SD Card     

I have a Garmin Nuvi 765T and have installed a Sandisk 8GB Pro Duo SD card but cannot see this as a drive on my computer? Has anyone had this problem or know if this card is not compatable with a Nuvi 7 serires?

Thanks for any comments.

All the best, Ian

richard.collins2

GPS: Nuvi 760

Post SD card     

I have a Nuvi 760. I had sent a email to garmin support asking the type and max size I could use, they responded with 4GB as the max and it could be a SD or SDHC. I can see my SD card as a drive along with the internal memory of my unit as a drive. I also have downloaded from the gramin site the USB driver for the nuvi unit, possibly the USB driver your using is not compatible with reading the SD CARD as a drive.

Hope this info helps
Richard

ian.mackintosh2

GPS: Garmin nuvi 765T

Post Nuvi 760 SD Card     

Richard

Thanks, my PC reads the removebale drive but doesn't pick up the SD card. Have tried a 4GB Sandisk from my camera but it doesn't read this either...??

What make of card have you been using?

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Ian

richard.collins2

Post SD Card     

My unit has a HP Invent 4GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) card.

Richard

Post Nuvi 765 SD Card     

Ricahrd

Thanks, I have found out duo pro's, so back into the camera.

Appreciate your comments.

Regards, Ian

rdhma

GPS: Garmin Edge 765

Post No 4GB limit     

I hadn't heard of a 4GB limit. I'm using a 16 GB SDHC ATP Pro Max card in a Nuvi 765 and it works fine.

roadrider01

Post No 4GB limit     

I also had the same issue. 4GB according to Garmin is the maximum size the unit will recognize. I picked up the least expensive 4GB card from Walmart (about $10-15) and it seems to work well.

Grant

Post Re: No 4GB limit     

rdhma wrote:
I hadn't heard of a 4GB limit. I'm using a 16 GB SDHC ATP Pro Max card in a Nuvi 765 and it works fine.

Getting close to buying the 765, any problems at all with the model ??
Have an old streetpilot 3 and still works great but memory stick too small. Has been a great unit.
Have a Navman as well and wouldn't waste money on another one..

rdhma

GPS: Garmin Edge 765

Post 765 firmware issue     

The 765 has generally worked very well for me but just recently it has been unable to acquire satellites. There appears to be a firmware issue with the 765 / 775 and I updated to the latest version today. It's still not getting a lock so it may have to back under warranty.

thomasanderson314

GPS: Garmin 765T

Post Send it back     

It sounds like the firmware update didn't take. Sorry, but I would send it back. As you mentioned correctly, Garmin will fix/replace for free. Move quick though before they change their minds...

That said, for any of you contemplating the 765, you might want to consider the newer units being released. they're cheaper and have additional pedestrian-friendly features, i.e., the new Nuvi 1200 and 1300 series.

pjnuk

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 765T

Post 765T - recent problems and SD cards     

I spoke with shops and with Garmin support in the UK and all said that the recent problems were fixed in firmware v. 3.50 which is what new (i.e. post June 22nd) 765Ts come with. I bought mine a few days ago, immediately updated the firmware to the new 3.60 and it seems to be working well. I use it with an SDHC 8gb and micro SDs 2gb (with adapter).

johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3

Post Re: SD Card     

have the 765 and sees the 4 gig card, have it full of music files.
Sounds great through Sennheiser headphones and running off internal battery, as well as playing thru the car stereo as well.

pjnuk

GPS: Garmin Nüvi 765T

Post Re: SD Card     

I have read that through a diagnostic (?) screen on the 765T, you can change the headphones socket to proper Audio Out, which is great for connection to external powered speakers, etc. Do you happen to know how to do this? I haven't seen any screens to do such changes.

bentzens3

GPS: Garmin Nuvi765

Post Garmin Navi765     

I have a Garmin Navi765 and use a 4G SD card without any problems.
I don't know about larger capacity cards, but you will probably need the USB driver from the Garmin web site.

A great unit which combies the MP3 player and navigation announcements very well.

bentzens3

Post Re: No 4GB limit     

Anonymous wrote:
rdhma wrote:

Getting close to buying the 765, any problems at all with the model ??
Have an old streetpilot 3 and still works great but memory stick too small. Has been a great unit.
Have a Navman as well and wouldn't waste money on another one..

The only problems I have is the 2010 map not showing road modifications that where completed three years ago, and when set in gas save mode for navigations it has tried to send me twice down imaginary roads that don't yet exist or just no longer exist. Other than this slight problem the unit seems to work well my laptop navigation system is still much better in that it has the option to predict fill up locations based on gas tank size and MPG estimations, I have not yet found such options in any handheld unit, Also if used in conjunction with gasbuddy you can always save cash on a long drive. I am still looking and researching into Tom-Tom to see if there is one I'm interesting in actually purchasing and doing my own cross comparison of usability and editing of system maps. I have yet to find a way to modify or edit the Garmin maps to correct inconsistencies with the programmed maps.

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Nuvi 765T - SD Card
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Goto page
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Permalink: Nuvi 765T - SD Card | Garmin forum