GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > TomTom > No maps installed on TomTom XL IQ Routes

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in TomTom forum   Reply to topic No maps installed on TomTom XL IQ Routes

Fran

Post No maps installed on TomTom XL IQ Routes     

What a mess!!! I have had my tomtom for around four weeks, however, I have played around with arrival sounds etc. and completely lost the end part "you have arrived at your destination", all I get is "then".
I have also somehow deleted my backup.
Next problem...... I decided to copy all the files on the tomtom to my hard drive and completely format internal memory "bad idea". Then reinstall files back into tomtom and update. Oh no!!! won't work guy's. Now on start up it says no maps installed. To download Great Britain is another £50 and I'm not sure if it will work even then. Help!!! Is there anyway I can replace the whole program which came already installed.

Begging for help
Fran.......

ceruleansky3

GPS: Tom Tom XL IQ Routes Edition

Post TomTom XL iq routes     

- Format your xl (make sure FAT only, not Fat 32) again,
- switch off then on again...
- reconnect and let tomtom put in its application (27mb).
- Switch off and switch on TT and connect again but don't use tt home...instead, find your map where you put it on the hard Drive and copy/paste onto tt xl using my computer and the drive letter your tt connects with ( may take a while to copy over but just let it run.
- Switch off, then on and connect using tt home this time and let it do its thing.

When finished you should be back to original factory settings.
Worked for me after messing around with my TT XL.

Jiggs

Post No maps     

It worked for me too but I had made a backup before I started messing around with it as I tried to install another European map which didn't work and I messed everything up...

Janb

Post Problems with Tomtom XL IQ     

I've just sent my second TomTom back to the shop.
There's definitely something wrong with that model, the shop told me, that they've started to receive more of the XL.
I managed with the second one, to update the Map, it took more than 8 Hours!

TomTom Customer support is trying to blame you and your PC, don't buy that!

Why don't they just admit, that there is a problem, and try to get it sorted? I've just about had enough of Tom Tom. Twisted Evil

Post Problems     

Just bought tomtom xl iq europe

first one exhanged after 4 days as everytime you pressed done to any function machine turn off

new machine just up date map as new map just out - now has no maps when turn on !!!

i think this will be going back as well - very frustrating

back to garmin for me 5 days and not one route planned and spent £19.00 on speed camera

tazzytim

Post XL iQ Application problem     

I have no problems with the map, but lots with the Application. It downloads to my computer ok, but when it copies it to the device, it always stops due to one of the files in the update, usually a bmp/gif or similar file. Isent my first device for repair twice, then finally to Holland where they sent me a new/refurbished one.
Same problem happened again, although the device does work. There must be an issue with the Application for the XL iQ.

grawoo

GPS: Tom Tom XL IQ Edition 340

Post Hopefully it will be OK     

I just purchased one of these so hopefully it will be OK. I am just getting the latest map guarantee for it so fingers crossed after the update all will still be intact.

dzaremba

Post cant load files     

So I had to removed my maps to install the update, now the update states I don't have enough space, yet everything has been deleted from the unit

rph

Post Thanks for the blog     

This is a the best blog for debugging that crap TomTom XL. Wish I had never bought the damn thing. I have waster so much time.
The main issue is that the firmware/software is uncapable of recovery due to missing or corrupted files. TomTom are a bunch of amateur and they should not be in business.
Thanks for the blog guys.

Jopical

Post Re: TomTom XL iq routes     

ceruleansky3 wrote:
- Format your xl (make sure FAT only, not Fat 32) again,
- switch off then on again...
- reconnect and let tomtom put in its application (27mb).
- Switch off and switch on TT and connect again but don't use tt home...instead, find your map where you put it on the hard Drive and copy/paste onto tt xl using my computer and the drive letter your tt connects with ( may take a while to copy over but just let it run.
- Switch off, then on and connect using tt home this time and let it do its thing.

When finished you should be back to original factory settings.
Worked for me after messing around with my TT XL.

If you have format your TT XL, how can TomTom put in its application (27mb)?

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in TomTom forum Reply to topic No maps installed on TomTom XL IQ Routes
Home > GPS Forum > TomTom > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: No maps installed on TomTom XL IQ Routes | TomTom forum