GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > School Zones > Hardly any speed limits displayed

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in School Zones forum   Reply to topic Hardly any speed limits displayed

steven.chaffer3

GPS: Garmin 1390t

Post Hardly any speed limits displayed     

I live in Tasmania and after a few weeks of using my Nuvi 1390t I have only encountered a couple of instances of speed limits being displayed on the screen. The only time they seem to show up is when I approach (some) 40 km/h school zones.

I was under the impression the maps would display the speed limit of most roads. Is that too much to ask ?

Perhaps I am living in a low priority area where speed limits haven't yet been added to the data set for the maps. What should I be expecting?

bakapoko

GPS: nuvi 760

Post Re: Hardly any speed limits displayed     

I've noticed that too and I live on the mainland. I think if someone has uploaded the poi then they will work, if no one has uploaded the alert on a particular road well you just have to wait until someone does. Just update your poi once a month or two.

steven.chaffer3

GPS: Garmin 1390t

Post Speed limit displays     

The speed limits are part of the map data I think. I have noticed that if I drive routes around Sydney or Melbournce (in simulation mode), most streets display a speed limit.

It seems regional areas like Tasmania don't yet have the speed limit attributes as part of the map data. I was just wondering if others have noticed the same thing.

Cheers

suek

GPS: Garmin nuvi 265w

Post Speed Limit Displays     

In my local area speed limit displays are very lacking. I have even noticed two areas where the diplayed speed is wrong having lived here for over ten years and those speeds have not changed.

If anyone knows how to alter or change please let us know.

Thanks

welsh_tc

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 3790T

I have recently purchased a 3790T & am pleased to say that for the areas I drive in ie Melb suburbs & CBD the speed limits indicated are 100% accurate & coverage is 100%; I am extremely pleased with this functionality, my only issues is that no audible alert is provided when you exceed the limit!
I also have a Navman MY50T & this does not provide any speed limit info.
Cheers.

hatchm

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 3790T

I live in Sydney and the speed limits (various and changeable often) are displayed. I have also travelled in the bush where highway speeds are indicated as are the speed limits in the majority of country towns. They are generally pretty accurate. Still one must keep one's eyes open.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in School Zones forum Reply to topic Hardly any speed limits displayed
Home > GPS Forum > School Zones > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Hardly any speed limits displayed | School Zones forum