GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > GPS Software and Gadgets > Holden Captiva 7 GPS

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Software and Gadgets forum   Reply to topic Holden Captiva 7 GPS

Bigfish_oz

Post Holden Captiva 7 GPS     

Does anyone know what type of gps is fitted to the Captiva? It has no identifying marks - even the system info is just a jumble of numbers. It does use Whereis maps with Holden telling me the next map update is Q3 2012!

I'd love to be able to load poi info without laboriously entering via the soft keyboard.

HolGPS

Post Holden Captiva GPS Update     

Hi, I am having similar issues and wondering if any other way to update the maps than going to the dealership.

KiwiLes

Post Captiva 7 map updates     

I am having similar problems I have spent hours searching online and can not find any real info. My car is brand new October 2014 and the maps are out of date Crying or Very sad
Can anyone help? Holden NZ doesn't want to.

John Morley

Post Captiva7 GPS Updates     

I have the same problem to it was out of date when I brought the SUV Captiva7 in 2011, Is there a out side dealer that can help Holden said it would cost $325 to update at the time. The GPS is so fare out of date it drives me made when i am in a different state, I live in the ACT and there is a lot of new Sub, even roads that have been the since I was very young and it tell me that I am in the bush. I do hope I can get same help without it costing me my home . Thankyou John

Mark

GDT

Post Holden GPS POI     

Hi
Sorry, we do not provide maps for Holden. We can at least try to make it easier to upload and update POIs.
Regards

Brissy

Post Maps updates for captiva     

I had a similar problem for my Captiva. I bought SD card from dealer and they charge me $ 325.00. I am not sure whether this copy multiple updates can be made or not.

johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3

Post Re: Maps updates for captiva     

Brissy wrote:
I had a similar problem for my Captiva. I bought SD card from dealer and they charge me $ 325.00. I am not sure whether this copy multiple updates can be made or not.

Should have bought a Ford, map updates are free I believe. Think the Hyundai are free also.

John hine

Post Captiva maps     

I have just payed $250 for a map upgrade to my 2013 Captiva on a trip from Hervey Bay QLD to Bermagui. No improvement on old map. Does anyone know how to contact the map suppliers as I can't find a phone number.

John Hine

Post CAPTIVA MAP UPDATES     

Up date on my last comments just checked the Kempsey bypass on the Pacific h'way was opened on the 26th may 2013 syll not on the latest map version.

KYMBO

Post Captiva NAV. system.     

I just bought a 2014 captiva and I believe the maps are dated 2009.Ridiculous, and then to charge $250 or $350, not on. Evil or Very Mad

erinandpauld

Post Cptiva GPS     

Exactly the same problems with my 2013 Cruze

Bigbill

Post GPS problems     

I have a 2012 diesel and the GPS does not know round abouts. If you put in an intersection that has a round about it does not know it, but on the road when traveling you come up to the roundabout it does tell take the second turn, but you have already gone through the round about.

homedetective

Post GPS SD card Captiva     

The up to date GPS for Holden Captiva is v 20 made in Sept 2014. I have been told from Holden customer care and the price is $350. I belive I have just brought the last one in Australia.
It has taken me 2 and half years to find one new.
The one in my 2010 Captiva is v 14 .I was told the Capitva started in 2006, and even the new cars in 2010 they used the old maps.

I will find out if the card can be copy and used in other cars or if once reg cant be used in another car.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Software and Gadgets forum Reply to topic Holden Captiva 7 GPS
Home > GPS Forum > GPS Software and Gadgets > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Holden Captiva 7 GPS | GPS Software and Gadgets forum