GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > No more free map updates for my Nuvi 1490LMT...

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic No more free map updates for my Nuvi 1490LMT...

sclayton

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 3590LMT

Post No more free map updates for my Nuvi 1490LMT...     

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT about a year ago and I currently have City Navigator Europe NT 2012.20 map installed. I have been trying for weeks to update my map to the latest version and I am being asked to pay for the update, why is that?

One of the reasons I specifically bought this unit is because of the lifetime map update feature. Yes the unit is registered and yes I have a Garmin account and the info in the account is accurate. I have updated the map in the past without problems. Can someone enlighten me please.

mlongo

GPS: Garmin nuvi 1490tv, 1690

Post Garmin map update     

Create a profile in mygarmin.com
connect, and it should recognize that an update is available...
Current map version is 2013.1...
I hope is useful...

mlongo

GPS: Garmin nuvi 1490tv, 1690

Post Garmin map update -2     

If nothing is available, contact your local garmin support: https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/2183.html
Italian phone support often works well...

The unit is registered and I already have a My Garmin account. I've been trying to call Garmin France but I'm constantly on hold. I guess I'll just keep trying thanks for your help guys.

rodney_button

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 855, Garmin Nuvi 2797

The Lifetime Map update comes with conditions. From memory it only allows a maximum of 4 updates per year. Is it possible that you have reached the annual update limit?

johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3

Post Updates     

There hasn't been 4 updates available in a year for the 2 models I have. 3 being the most available, and there isn't a maximum number of updates but " up to 4 updates" per year, depending on the new mapping info supplied by the various mapping company's around the world.

Znord737

Post Nuvi 1490 Lifetime Map Updates     

When I contacted Garmin about my problems they said because I had not registered the Lifetime Map Update Card within 90 Days of Purchase (which supposedly was in the packaging somewhere , I cannot recollect ever sighting it, I would now have to pay for Map Updates.

I purchased the Garmin Dec 2011, registered the product and obtained the first download and update with 7 days of purchase in 2011.

Since then, at twice yearly intervals, I have received Map updates through the Garmin Express Software everytime I connected.

The last Map update being 2015 so the aspect of having to register the Lifetime Map Update Card seems to me to be a bit of a red herring as the updates were done automatically every two years everytime I connected to the Garmin Express.

For some reason, after 2015, they ceased being downloaded and I was asked to pay if I wanted updates.

I do not have the Lifetime Map Update Card now and Garmin are digging their heels in and won't let me update without the Lifetime Map Update Card Number, or paying for the update.

They have the Product Code,The Serial Number of the Unit,The Identity Number, The date of purchase etc.

I am extremely disappointed with their Customer Service and attitude.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic No more free map updates for my Nuvi 1490LMT...
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: No more free map updates for my Nuvi 1490LMT... | Garmin forum