GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > GPS Phones > iPhone 5 is apple spying on me?

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Phones forum   Reply to topic iPhone 5 is apple spying on me?

dcj1710

GPS: iphone

Post iPhone 5 is apple spying on me?     

Does anybody know what data is transmitted to apple and how frequently when I leave my gps turned on?

I'm not really paranoid I just don't trust anything with more than $50bil

adam_d_richardson

GPS: Apple iPhone 3GS

Post iPhone spying     

That depends entirely on what location services you have enabled.
Apple have millions of iPhone users around the world and are not that interested in tracking individual users locations constantly to see what you are doing. However if you have enabled feedback to Apple when you setup your phone then it will potentially send location information along with any error logs as this is used by Apple to try and understand circumstances that are causing errors.
If you have locations enabled on things like Find Friends or Photos then yes, Apple will be aware of the locations of photos.
Any mobile or GPS device will have the potential to reveal your location to the manufacturer and potentially law enforcement, depending on the laws of the country where the manufacturer or user is based.
Apples main focus is not to spy on you, but I am sure that just as with Google and everyone else they are interested in where their devices are being used.
If you want to avoid Apple spying on you or individual app makers knowing what you are doing is to go into Location Services in settings and disable the ones that you don't want.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Phones forum Reply to topic iPhone 5 is apple spying on me?
Home > GPS Forum > GPS Phones > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: iPhone 5 is apple spying on me? | GPS Phones forum