GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT

teej710

GPS: Garmin Camper 660LMT

Post No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT     

Hi all,

I'm a newbie on here, so forgive me if this subject has already been covered, but I haven't managed to find a solution in the forums yet.

I've downloaded CSV & BMP files for various petrol stations and restaurants i.e. KFC, Subway, Shell, Esso etc. I passed these through the Garmin POILoader and it stated x amount of POI were loaded and after several different loads, I had multiple GPI files in my POI directory, on the device. I can clearly see the POIs in custom POIs section, on the device and if I select info for a POI, it is all correct. These POIs are also available in the Garmin BaseCamp application on my PC too, so i know they are defined.

However, when I'm driving around none of the GPS Data Team POI icons I've loaded appear on the display, as I'm driving past them, even though they are clearly defined in the device.

I have several none GPS Data Team GPI files also loaded on my device and they display fine.

Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Thanks Teej

Mark

GDT

Post Re: No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT     

Hi Teej
It looks like a BMP icon file related issue. Can you load our files with any other (working) icon file and let me know if it works. We can easily apply any bmp change that you need.
Regards

teej710

Post Missing POI icons     

Hi Mark,

Sorry to be dumb, but can you give my any example of what you are actually asking me to try out?

Many thanks

Teej

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Missing POI icons     

Hi Teej,
Rename your working bmp file name to match our csv file name and load it with the POI loader.
Regards

teej710

Post Re: Missing POI icons     

Hi Mark,

OK, I'll do that asap and confirm the result.

Thanks for your help.

Teej

teej710

Post Missing POI icons     

Copied an BMP from another POI (working, no GPS data team) to KFC POI (GPS data team) and renamed it to match the KFC BMP. I then reloaded all POIs via POIloader, which reported 9000+ POIs loaded successfully. However, now there are no icons showing at all, not even the original working POI from MHF.

I have emailed Garmin tech support about this, as I believe it could be a problem with their software. I'll report back, when I know more.

cheers

Teej

teej710

Post Potential fix for missing POIs on Garmin 660LMT-D     

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this with you. I've just reinstalled Garmin maps (ball ache), as a test and all the missing POIs are there now.

Originally, when I purchased my Camper 660 LMT-D, I installed the MHF POIs, then updated maps and software afterwards, in that order. The satnav showed the MHF POIs as expected.

Therefore, what seems to work for me at the moment, is to update the custom POIs, then reinstall the maps.

I still have an outstanding technical support issue with Garmin, as this issue is not acceptable. I'll report anything useful back.

Teej

teej710

Post Response from Garmin     

Here's the response from Garmin on missing icons. Absolutely no help !!

Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe.

First of all, please accept our apologies for not answering your email in the time we quoted on our website. Due to an unforeseeable high volume of emails and calls we've received this has led to a backlog, which we've been working hard to restore to our usual service levels.

I am happy to assist.

Viewing custom POIs on the map will depend on the device and your display settings. Some devices might not see the custom POIs when viewing the map. Depending on the device, custom POIs can be found in the Where To? menu under either Extras or Categories.

Here are some steps to try to get the POIs to display:

Zoom in to around 300ft or closer
Check the map detail settings to make sure that the detail is set to highest on the device. For more information on changing the map detail level on your device, refer to your device's owner's manual.

With these settings and the right device, you should see the custom POIs display on the map. If you are still having trouble, try sending the POIs to the device again.

If there is anything else I can help you with then please let me know. Alternatively you can search for a solution here.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: No custom POI icons for CAMPER 660LMT | Garmin forum