GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Speed and redlight camera POI > What is a speed camera 70 POI?

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Speed and redlight camera POI forum   Reply to topic What is a speed camera 70 POI?

Guest4

Post What is a speed camera 70 POI?     

There are different types of POI and I realise that there are different kinds of camera. I know what a GATSO csmera is but what is a speed camera 70 POI? Of course it is set to 70mph but is it a different type of camera?

Why does it come up as Speed alert and not speed camera?

Frankly I don't care what a camera type is except if it is a fixed point camera or a mobile camera or an average speed camera or a red light camera.

The file types are inconsistently named: for example mobile cameras come up as Speed trap.

I suggest you have the following files:

Mobile which displays Mobile 70 or Mobile 40 etc., i.e. the speed
Fixed which displays Fixed 70 or Fixed 50 etc.
Average which displays Average 70 or Average 50 etc.
RedLight which displays Red Light

These could be broken down into the speed families for convenience. I.e. all the Fixed 50 cameras go into the Fixed50 file.

It matters not what technology a fixed camera is when you are cought.

Mark

GDT

Post Re: What is a speed camera 70 POI?     

Hi
All good comments.
Having a number in the file name has a few advantages: you get a proper icon and a built-in, speed dependent alert. For example, the GPS does not sound any warnings if you travel below the required camera-triggering speed. Many members prefer to have a proper icon for known speed limit locations.

However, you can load a simple type specific (Gatso, SC, SRLC, All-in-one, etc.) files if you do not need that feature. You will hear a sound alert for all listed locations, no matter how slow you go.

Regards

Guest4

Post Kind files     

I did say "These could be broken down into the speed families for convenience. I.e. all the Fixed 50 cameras go into the Fixed50 file."
Yes that would allow the icon etc. so I think it would be good to keep that. So let me amend my request to:

"Mobile<x>.OV2" POI files where the text and icon display Mobile 70 or Mobile 40 etc., i.e. the speed is <x> and I've used .OV2 for illustration only.
I'd like the same for Fixed and Average please. Red light probably could go in one file.

Given that you describe the data as being a database you can slice and dice it as you wish. For example if it is in a SQL database you could do something like:
SELECT * FROM Cameras WHERE Kind="Mobile" and Speed="50"
SELECT * from Cameras WHERE Kind="Fixed" and Speed="70
SELECT * FROM Camera WHERE Kind="RedLight"

It might be of interest to your subscribers too.

Can I ask again: What is a Speed Camera 70 file? For example is it like my Fixed70 file? Or is it a combination of Fixed70 and Mobile70?

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Kind files     

Guest4 wrote:
It might be of interest to your subscribers too.
It is, as you know, quite easy to apply any filter to our database. You can search any file for e.g. "@70" to find lines with "70" as a POI description.

Guest4 wrote:
Can I ask again: What is a Speed Camera 70 file? For example is it like my Fixed70 file? Or is it a combination of Fixed70 and Mobile70?

UK Speed Camera 70 file contains only fixed camera locations.
UK Mobile files contain mobile camera location only.
Regards

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Speed and redlight camera POI forum Reply to topic What is a speed camera 70 POI?
Home > GPS Forum > Speed and redlight camera POI > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: What is a speed camera 70 POI? | Speed and redlight camera POI forum