GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?

pjrich

GPS: Garmin nuvi 2595LM

Post Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?     

Am I missing something?

Please bear with me (I am a 74 year old pensioner). I have downloaded the following:

UK Road Safety POIs UK Road Safety POIs POI - All in one - All UK speed, red light, variable, bus lane and other road safety camera locations in a single file. called GPS-Data-Team.gpi

Having got to this point I am stumped.

Several questions if I may....

1. I would like to know if this file contains the .bmp files to show the camera locations and the .wav sound file that just produces the bongs when I approach these camera locations? If not where do I get these files?

2. More importantly having got the GPS-Data-Team.gpi file located on my PC, how do I get the information (all the camera locations with bmp and sound) onto my 2595LM?

Naturally I missing some steps out and ask that some knowledgeable kind person gives me a quick insight on how I do this. Perhaps it is simple and I am looking for something too complicated. Note.. I do have the Garmin POI Loader that I used to upload the .bmp and .csv files from my PC when I uploaded other database files.

Could someone please give me some assistance on this. PS. I am IT literate and can follow instructions without problems.

Many thanks

Tina-GDT

Post Re: Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?     

Hi pjrich

Easy one-click GPI updates:
- All GPI files contain BMP files.
- All Road Safety (camera) files have enabled proximitu alerts (bongs). Audio alerts are disabled for non-road-safety files.
- Just Copy that GPI file to your GPS ( /POI/ folder) and it'll work well

Advanced / registered users (like you):
- download separate files (CSV, BMP and WAV) and
- load them with POI Loader to your GPS unit.

Regards

pjrich

GPS: Garmin nuvi 2595LM

Post Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?     

@Tina-GDT

Thanks for your kind response. After reading what you said and kicking my brain into gear I carried out the following.

The downloaded file is called GPS-Data-Team.gpi. I just copied this into the storage location (POI folder) in my nuvi 2595 and it worked perfectly.

This is far easier than I thought, especially with my Garmin.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy?
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Garmin GPI File (one click updates) Fast and easy? | Garmin forum