GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Navman > Safety Alerts (Speed &Red Light Cameras) on Navman in Au

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Navman forum   Reply to topic Safety Alerts (Speed &Red Light Cameras) on Navman in Au

ebu44

GPS: Garmin Drive 60

Post Safety Alerts (Speed &Red Light Cameras) on Navman in Au     

After a lot of searching - I have finally found the answer to my question about whether the lifetime free Navman map updates includes Safety Alerts. It does... sort of. You get up to 4 map updates per annum ... but only two of them will have safety camera updates. Clever. That way they can still encourage you to pay for their safety camera updates add on service.

Note on Safety Alerts:

Safety alerts are updated with the map data on a bi-annual basis and this map upgrade includes the speed cameras, School Zones and red light cameras.

If you wish to have this data updated on a monthly basis you can purchase a monthly Safety Camera Subscription from Navman's online store. These subscriptions are available for a one or two year period and are a premium product.

The safety camera data that is included with the unit is not updated on a monthly basis. It is only updated with the map upgrade releases.

I hope this helps someone else - it sure makes it clear what Navman gives you as part of your free deal.

Oh - in case you were wondering what Garmin provides - I called them and asked. They said that the out of the box product has a sample of speed and red light cameras ... but is not complete and will not be updated when the maps are. If you want the complete set ... and then want it to be updated ... you have to pay their $Au40 per annum fee. There is a free 30 day trial - but in my experience it did not have the missing cameras that I noted in the their out of the box product.

Cheers,
Scott

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Navman forum Reply to topic Safety Alerts (Speed &Red Light Cameras) on Navman in Au
Home > GPS Forum > Navman > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Safety Alerts (Speed &Red Light Cameras) on Navman in Au | Navman forum