GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > School Zones > Downloaded POI files with .wav audio files

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in School Zones forum   Reply to topic Downloaded POI files with .wav audio files

Freddo

GPS: GARMIN 1490T NUVI

Post Downloaded POI files with .wav audio files     

I downloaded POI files and found I required the .wav audio files for my Garmin 1490T. I used the latest version 273 of POI Loader and used an earlier version of SOX.exe ver 14.1 (not the latest version 14.4.2) and installed it in the POI Loader folder and also in each of the subfolders in which I had downloaded the .bmp & .gpx files. When I ran POI Loader it did not indicate that SOX.exe had been used it just ran through and advised a successful completion. I tested and found School zones and speed cameras audio did work. In other posts some said that POI Loader indicated SOX.exe was used but I did not see this, perhaps the latest version of POI Loader does not do this. Also I grouped all the Australian states school zones in the same "All_School_Zones" subfolder with just 1 .wav & 1 .bmp file file and POI Loader found all the .gpx files and created one larger All_School_Zones.gpi which I added to the POI folder in the Garmin and this tested Ok in the top end of NSW, I will try over the border in QLD soon to see if it works there.
Regards

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in School Zones forum Reply to topic Downloaded POI files with .wav audio files
Home > GPS Forum > School Zones > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Downloaded POI files with .wav audio files | School Zones forum