GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Installation Support > Proximity Alerts warning range

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum   Reply to topic Proximity Alerts warning range

tomabe

Post Proximity Alerts warning range     

Hello,

I'm having a question regarding the proximity alert function of the Garmin Nuvi 44LM and was wondering if anybody else noticed this problem. I programmed custom points of interests for road culverts to warn public works mower operators of culverts that are not visible and to prevent damage to both equipment and infrastructure.

I used the Garmin POI Loader Software and selected "Alert whenever you get close to a point" with an alert distance of 25m. Everything works fine unless the speed of the vehicle in the warning range is below approximately 5 km/h. In that case no alert is triggered.

Is this a known issue specific to the Garmin Nuvi series? Anybody aware of other GPS brands and models available that would work properly at low speeds with the same functionality (custom POI with a warning triggered at a certain distance)? Thanks so much!

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum Reply to topic Proximity Alerts warning range
Home > GPS Forum > Installation Support > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Proximity Alerts warning range | Installation Support forum