GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin update: not enough space in the internal memory

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin update: not enough space in the internal memory

pavelxxx

Post Garmin update: not enough space in the internal memory     

Hallo, my question is related to Garmin nuvi 1490. I would like to do update of the device. The device was bought as Lifetime 45 option for Europe.
I would like to get the whole Europe as I work as a couch driver and I can use it. When I try to push the update by Garmin Express the message saying that there is not enough space in the internal memory pops up and I am required to insert an SD card.
And now the tricky part. I would like to buy City Navigator Russia which update is provided on SD card from vendor. Bud will ne SD already the one with updated Europe.
And now my concern. I would like to know how the basic maps are updated related to space management. When the OS is plugged does the software put all maps to SD or does it split it between internal memory and SD? Providing there is SD plugged during update will all maps be downloaded to SD card or what happened when the SD is removed? Will the device be blank, partly functional, or crash?
Thanks Pavel

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin update: not enough space in the internal memory
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Garmin update: not enough space in the internal memory | Garmin forum