GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin nuvi 56 constantly rebooting - HELP

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin nuvi 56 constantly rebooting - HELP

gulladuff

Post Garmin nuvi 56 constantly rebooting - HELP     

Hi
I have a Garmin Nuvi 56LM which I use infrequently. I took it out last week to charge it and it wont charge (either incar, via usb plug or even via the pc) as it keeps rebooting. It displays loading maps, then the garmin logo with the website and then immediately reboots. After hours and hours on the internet, I have tried the following: I have tried soft and hard reboots but the problem still occurs. When I try to erase all data (holding the power button and the bottom right corner of the screen) this is the only time that it seems to connect to the pc but only for 10-15sec and then it disconnects again. It was showing me the screen to erase all data with the Yes/No buttons but as quickly as I hit the Yes button, it reboot. I am unable to see it via file explorer on the pc as it reboots too quickly. I am unable to see it and therefore update the software, via garmin express as again it reboots too quickly. It is impossible to switch it off as it keeps cycling through this reboot action every 10-15sec and I think that this is constantly draining the battery Have you any other ideas please ?
Thanks Shona

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin nuvi 56 constantly rebooting - HELP
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Garmin nuvi 56 constantly rebooting - HELP | Garmin forum