GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Installation Support > Most confusing site ever

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum   Reply to topic Most confusing site ever

joe.baker324

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2599 LMT-D

Post Most confusing site ever     

As stated above. I can find the POI's ok but when I add it's asking for another dollar which seems a bit strange after paying £4 to become a member, not to mention the member area can only be viewed by moderators.

I'm beginning to think paying the £16.99 to Garmin for a years sub would have been a million times easier!

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Most confusing site ever     

Hi Joe,

I agree with all of the above.
I would like to hear what should we change to make it better?
Just a small hint: you, as a registered member, can download our CSV, GPX, OV2, KML, etc files. Our DB3 and GPI files are not available unless your add these POI files to your cart.
More: https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/19.html

Regards

joe.baker324

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 2599 LMT-D

Post ....     

For starters some "read me" files or pdf's on how to download and install the files and a list of what files are free etc and where to get them. I need GPI files for my unit.

Mark

GDT

Post Re: ....     

Hi Joe,
I hope this helps: Free Garmin GPX and CSV POI updates.
Our extras (GPI and DB3 file packages) are not available to our members (POI developers and POI moderators). Our members can download all other files (CSV, GPX, KML, OV2, WAV, MP3, etc.), as listed in our registration pages.
Regards

Post How to register?     

I would agree with Joe Baker. At the moment I've got no name or password on here.
How do I register with a name and password?

Mark

GDT

Post Re: How to register?     

Hi,

I hope this helps: https://www.gps-data-team.com/pda-gps-navigation/topic/1768.html

Regards

collinsc

GPS: Garmin RV760

I'm afraid I must agree with the original post. I'm a computer software engineer, and I can't figure out how to use this website! Crying or Very sad

I am trying to download a POI file of wineries in Oregon for my Garmin RV760. So here is what I have tried:
1) Click on POI Files
2) Click on United States
3) Click on Tourist Locations
5) Click on Wineries
6) Select Oregon
So far, so good, right? It makes sense up to this point.

But what next? Am I supposed to click on Download, or Find? Question

If I click on Download, then on Garmin POI GPX, I get the message "This file is empty."
If I click on Download, then on Garmin POI (Custom POI with extended info), I download a CSV file with 0 bytes.
If I click on Download, then on Garmin GPX (proximity alert, phone dial, etc.), I download a GPX file with nothing in it except </gpx>.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mark

GDT

Hi Collin,

In your case, it simply means that we do not have any Oregon wineries listed.

You can:
- add a few locations - they will show up immediately and you'll see the difference, or
- select another state (e.g. California to download the most popular locations listed in and close to California).
- download a country level GPI file (all US locations)

Regards

collinsc

Post Really?!     

In 2015 there were 702 wineries in Oregon (with more opening every year).

Oh well, thank you for answering my original post.

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Really?!     

Hi Chris,

Is your location listed? You can list it here: https://poi.gps-data-team.com/add.php

Regards

collinsc

Post Now there are Oregon wineries listed!     

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure what you mean by "Is your location listed?" I didn't have any particular location in mind. I was just trying to put a list of Oregon winery POI's on my Garmin.

And now I can do that! I received an automated message about the Winery POI List being updated, and now there are 189 Oregon wineries listed. If that was you, thank you very much! Of course, that's only 1/4th of the wineries in the state, but it's a big help.

Regards,

bcunningham

Post Most confusing     

I tend to agree with the original poster also. I have no idea where my cart is or how to get it onto my device. I got a Pin but nothing else. It seems like this site was built in 1995 and never updated.

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Most confusing     

bcunningham wrote:
I got a Pin but nothing else.

That's all what you need to download our POI updates. What happens when you press the Download button? Can you find our file in your Downloads folder?
Regards

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum Reply to topic Most confusing site ever
Home > GPS Forum > Installation Support > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Most confusing site ever | Installation Support forum