GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Installation Support > NEW GOLF Mk 7.5 INFOTAINMENT 9.2" IMPORT MY POIs

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum   Reply to topic NEW GOLF Mk 7.5 INFOTAINMENT 9.2" IMPORT MY POIs

ulysses.lagias

GPS: VW Discover Pro 2GP

Post NEW GOLF Mk 7.5 INFOTAINMENT 9.2" IMPORT MY POIs     

Hi everyone,
just picked up my new golf and as we all know, no speed-cam, school zone or red light warnings straight out of the factory. Have tried desperately to install using every format under the sun (GPX, CSV, etc) to no avail. Have formatted the SD card eXfat, Fat32 and NTFS. None work (although, NTFS was the only format that was even read by the infotainment but still could not load - Message was: "Error: no data available. Please insert a source with software update data or check the source"
Called VW Australia who told me i need to take it to dealership level in service. Did this and that guy told me that he was going to do a course on this new system last week and will let me know this week if it is at all possible. Came back to me today and NO help at all.
Has anyone had any experience with this new infotainment and how to upload my POIs?
please help. The Booklet names it "Discover Pro Media 2GP"
thanks in advance
PS:I have just found out that VW uses "CAR NET" which is a web based portal. You upload your POIs and then their server checks for compatibility of the files and once they approve, you use the internet connected through the vehicle to download your POIs onto the car.
Problem: CAR NET is not available in Australia so, I am left with a brand new car that I cannot upload POIs unless I do them one by one manually.
Has anyone got a way out of this?
much appreciated and thanks in advance

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum Reply to topic NEW GOLF Mk 7.5 INFOTAINMENT 9.2" IMPORT MY POIs
Home > GPS Forum > Installation Support > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: NEW GOLF Mk 7.5 INFOTAINMENT 9.2" IMPORT MY POIs | Installation Support forum