GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > GPS Software and Gadgets > Making Mercedes C Class (2016) to recognise custom POIs

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Software and Gadgets forum   Reply to topic Making Mercedes C Class (2016) to recognise custom POIs

Julian J

Post Making Mercedes C Class (2016) to recognise custom POIs     

I would be grateful for some help. I have a Mercedes C-Class fitted with a COMAND system incorporating Garmin's MAP PILOT. I wish to add custom POI files, specifically for the location of National Trust properties and also the location of church towers with rings of bells (Doves Guide). I have the CSV files and associated bmp files for both but can someone please spell out to me the procedure for loading them to the SD card so that the in car system recognises them.

Others seem to be reporting success on the forum but whilst I'm pleased for them, nothing seems to work for me!

I've tried converting the files to GPX files and also GPI files, loaded them in a new folder "PersonalPOIs" all to no avail. I note that when I decoded the file ECE-V15.0.gpi in the POI folder of the SD card it is a list of all the MB outlets and that the main menu of "Where to?" of the MAP PILOT has an icon which enables the direct selection of MB sites so I would have thought it possible for a similar ICON to be created on the menu for say National Trust properties. I'm confused about file formats and folder locations and why the system doesn't see the new information

Any help would be much appreciated

ipal44

GPS: Mercedes Garmin Varient

Post Garmin POI Loader for Mercedes     

Have you tried using the Garmin POI Loader as it validates the file before converting it to the required file for COMAND/AUDIO 20?

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in GPS Software and Gadgets forum Reply to topic Making Mercedes C Class (2016) to recognise custom POIs
Home > GPS Forum > GPS Software and Gadgets > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Making Mercedes C Class (2016) to recognise custom POIs | GPS Software and Gadgets forum