GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > POI Updates and Downloads > Centrelink "Debt"

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum   Reply to topic Centrelink "Debt"

Julie Murchie

Post Centrelink "Debt"     

My latest experience with Centrelink.

I am a very disgruntled, frustrated & now becoming angry - "recipient" of Centrelink. I am currently on hold AGAIN for who knows how many times? I rang Centrelink at 9.23am this morning.

I was informed way back in September 2016, that I had a Centrelink "debt" - re through the ATO. I was informed I needed to take my payslips (which dated back to 2011) to Centrelink & have them scanned into their system. I no longer had the payslips, that ended in 2012. So, I was informed I must ring my former employer & request the said payslips to be posted to me. That occurred, but I was unwell at that time, and could not attend in person at Centrelink, so I started to repay the so-called DEBT, which is completely incorrect. Then, whilst doing that, I received approximately 8 more letters, requesting me to repay the debt in full, which I cannot do - I am living on a Disability Pension.

In the intervening months, I was suffering from panic disorder, fractured my L1 vertebrae (LI anterior compression fracture - highly unstable, near spinal cord) - & had also suffered 3 seizures. The, shockingly & unexpectedly, my youngest son, 36 years old, suicided - no illicit drugs, he was suffering from panic disorder. He HUNG HIMSELF! He left behind his wife & 2 young children, who were, at that time only 5 & 8 years old.

I am still grieving of course, which is absolutely confronting. I have lost my son.

Centrelink informed me I had to bring all documents personally to their office. I did so & was confronted by a recipient in front of me. He verbally abused me several times. The security man saw what was occurring & just stood there. By the time I left that Centrelink office, he had disappeared & was on his "coffee break". No other security man had replaced him in that time.

Also, Centrelink does have a facility in place for when a person walks through the double glass doors - to scan for metals: firearms, knives, etc - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL!! In the past, I worked for Melbourne solicitors as a P.A. for some years. The security scanning at all courts in the William Street, Melbourne, Victoria law precinct would detect any metals. I was "pulled up" a couple of times for simply having a staple or paperclip. Centrelink HAS NOTHING AT ALL, and many people attending have emotional, financial & many other issues. It is a highly volatile & emotional environment. I have lodged a complaint re the incident involving a male recipient in front of me. He was much younger than me & quite strong. I am a 64 year old female.

They have continued to deduct money from my Disability Pension, even though I received a telephone call, informing me, that since I have lodged my payslips with them, they would cease deducting money whilst the investigation is in process.

I AM NOW STILL WAITING ON HOLD. I ORIGINALLY RANG THEM AT 9.23am this morning & could not get through at all. I rang back at 9.49am and the lady who answered, when I explained my reason for contacting Centrelink said something like "I can't listen to all of this", started CRYING! & put me back on hold. Now, finally I have Stephanie, as I'm typing this, she is trying to help me, BUT ONCE AGAIN I AM BACK ON HOLD. It's now 10.25am, & I have not been able to even leave my house at yet. Continuing . . . .!!!!????

A frustrated, angry 64 female recipient.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum Reply to topic Centrelink "Debt"
Home > GPS Forum > POI Updates and Downloads > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Centrelink "Debt" | POI Updates and Downloads forum