GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Installation Support > My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't edit

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum   Reply to topic My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't edit

Javaman

Post My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't edit     

My business location was input by a family friend of a friend and now I don't have access to the username or pw so I cannot edit it or delete it.

So I would like to either get a new username and pw or if this can't be done how can I get the listing deleted so I can do my own?

The business will be moving so I want to prepare this ahead of time.

I tried to post a similar message yesterday but I'm not sure if it worked. Sorry if it doubles up.

Thank you!

Mark

GDT

Post Re: My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't     

Hi
It would be much easier to advise if you provided your business name. Press the Email button to send a message to the person who listed your business. Alternatively, our POI Moderators can fix the listing for you. Press the Comments button and list all changes.
Regards

Post Reply to Mark...     

Mark,
Thanks for the reply! I understand it would be easier if you have all the data...but the problem is it's all in Chinese. So I was hesitant to throw that out. The business is located in Pingtung City, Taiwan.
I also don't know exactly who did the listing but I suspect it was someone that won't help at all as we are not working with them now. But I'll try your suggestion. However, you said hit the email button but in my screen now I don't see this button. I see buttons for quote, preview, link, new topic, post reply but not email. Can you be more specific?

I'll also hit Comments but I have the same issue. Where is the comments button? I'll send relevant details there but it may be that all the info is correct at this time- but a physical move of the business may be coming so I wanted to be able to control it.

Thanks so much for your help.
(PS In the preview my Chinese is not showing correctly. I put it in correctly.)

Mark

GDT

Post Re: Reply to Mark...     

Hi
The easiest option is to log in and press the Edit button to manually fix the listing.
Regards

Post reply to Mark     

Hi Mark. Thanks but the issue is I cannot log in. As explained I didn't set it up so I don't have the log in info. I guess that the buttons you are referring to are also only visible after logging in.

Is there a way to get the listing deleted so that we can do it again ourselves?
Any other options?

Thanks
D

Mark

GDT

Post Re: reply to Mark     

Hi
You can create a new listing here: https://www.gps-data-team.com/listingstep1.php
Regards

Post Reply to M     

Mark, Thanks again for your help. But it seems we are going in circles. I tried to enter the business before I contacted you and I get the message that "..this business is already in the POI, log in to edit...". That's why I posted this message in the first place.

We have docs (electricity bills etc) to prove its our business there. How can we take control of our own listing?
D

Mark

GDT

Post Circles     

Hi
You have so many options:
1. log in to edit your listing (self managed)
2. list it again (self managed)
3. provide an unique listing name, phone or a listing link to identify your listing, and changes (POI Moderators)

You did not provide any useful info to assist our POI moderators to fix the listing for you. We can spend a few more hours chatting, or simply log in and fix it in a minute.
Regards

Post name and address in Chinese     

Hi Mark.
In reply:
1) You suggest log in- how can I log in if the 3rd party (now unavailable) has the pw? That's the point.
2) List again- I have tried to list it with correct NAP but I get blocked because it's already listed.
3) I will provide this here...I tried before but the name and address are in Chinese. The characters didn't get translated by this system. It turned into garble. I will try again below. Hopefull it will go through.
City Pingtung City
Country province Taiwan
Phone: 08 721 6033

Mark

GDT

Post Re: name and address in Chinese     

Anonymous wrote:

City Pingtung City
Country province Taiwan
Phone: 08 721 6033

Hi Only registered users can log in to edit the listing.
What is the listing link?
Regards

Mark, perhaps this is the issue I'm not getting. Can i become a registered user without knowing my pw and other log on info?
And that would allow me to edit? I thought logging into other account wouldn't help with the main issue- editing the info there.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Installation Support forum Reply to topic My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't edit
Home > GPS Forum > Installation Support > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: My business was listed by 3rd party... now I can't edit | Installation Support forum