GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > Garmin > Garmin Voice Studio download

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum   Reply to topic Garmin Voice Studio download

life.by

GPS: COMAND SYSTEM; Garmin Nuvi 3790T

Post Garmin Voice Studio download     

So happy to see Garmin provide the new software named by "Garmin Voice Studio"

It is compatible with the following device:

aera™ series
GPSMAP® 620 & 640
nüvi® 30/40/50
nüvi 200 series
nüvi 205 series
nüvi 500 series
nüvi 700 series
nüvi 705 series
nüvi 800 series
nüvi 1200 series
nüvi 1300 series
nüvi 1400 series
nüvi 1600 series
nüLink! 1695
nüvi 2200 series
nüvi 2300 series
nüvi 2400 series
nüvi 3700 series
nüvi 5000
dezl 560
zumo® 660

The description by Garmin is
Quote:

Make yourself a nüvi-star with Garmin Voice Studio

With Garmin Voice Studio, anyone can customize their nüvi® with voice directions from family and friends.

To get started, download the free Garmin Voice Studio program and install it on your PC¹. You will be lead through a series of phrases that can be edited and reviewed directly within the application. To achieve the best quality recordings, an external microphone is recommended. Once finished, you'll be ready to go with custom voices on your compatible device! It's fun, it's easy, and it's a great way to add a bit of personality to your device!

¹Garmin Voice Studio is compatible with IBM-compatible PCs running Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or later operating system. Garmin Voice Studio does not provide text-to-speech recordings.

Someone who is interested in this can try, it is free.

The link is:
- Download VoiceStudio version 2.40 as of June 18, 2012 (32.19 MB)

Very Happy

rothwepet

GPS: Garmin nuvu 1490T

Post Problem with Garmin Voice Studio     

I'm having problems with the Garmin Voice Studio. It worked fine the first time I tried it, sampling voices using the mic on a laptop. Second time round I tried to import a .WAV file I'd made on Audacity. That's when the problem started. The Voice Studio immediately crashed and hasn't worked since; as soon as I try to open the application I get a message:

"voicestudio.exe stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I've uninstalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled it ~ no joy. Any ideas anyone? Thanks very much.

prc2009

GPS: Nuvi 1490T

Post Garmin Voice Studio     

There does not appear to be a great deal on here regarding successful utilisation of the Garmin Voice Studio... Has anyone had any great success?

rothwepet

GPS: Garmin nuvu 1490T

Post Garmin Voice Studio     

I referred my issue to Garmin (UK) and they were super helpful, investing a good hour with me trying to resolve it. In the end they indicated they were stumped and were going to refer the matter to the software team.

zen123

GPS: Garmin nuvi 250w

Post Garmin new voice for directions     

Garmin has released new voice for directions. They are free to download and with instructions on how to download. The new voices available are:
The Saracens Front Row
Adam Powell (Saracens)
Chris Wyles (Saracens)
Neil de Kock (Saracens)

and you can also custom your own voice from family and friends.

Check here.

johnpoi33

GPS: garmin nuvi 1390

Post Re: Problem with Garmin Voice Studio     

rothwepet wrote:
I'm having problems with the Garmin Voice Studio. It worked fine the first time I tried it, sampling voices using the mic on a laptop. Second time round I tried to import a .WAV file I'd made on Audacity. That's when the problem started. The Voice Studio immediately crashed and hasn't worked since; as soon as I try to open the application I get a message:

"voicestudio.exe stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution to the problem...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

I've uninstalled, cleaned the registry and reinstalled it ~ no joy. Any ideas anyone? Thanks very much.
Yes Iam having the same problem i have tried and tried but still no luck

johmazz2006

GPS: Garmin Nuvi 765, Garmin 3950LMT, Garmin 2455LMT, Navman40, Garmin StreetPilot 3

Post Regit     

If you are confident in how to use Regit, you can search the registry and delete all files refering to Voice studio.
If you use garmin in the search, you will need to be VERY careful to read what file in garmin programs are associated with voice studio.

CAUTION: If you mess up with RegEdit, you may kill your computer, so only attempt the edit if you know what you are doing!

cschults

GPS: garmin nuvi 1440

Post problemssoftware and windows 7     

Try rightclick and open as administrator.
Sometimes that works

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in Garmin forum Reply to topic Garmin Voice Studio download
Home > GPS Forum > Garmin > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: Garmin Voice Studio download | Garmin forum