GPS POI Home POI FilesPOI ToolsPOI MapsGPS ForumSupport
GPS Data Team
ContactFAQSite map

Home > Forums > POI Updates and Downloads > ONE definite reason why Custom POI Icons don't show

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum   Reply to topic ONE definite reason why Custom POI Icons don't show

flyingwolstencroft4

GPS: Nuvi 2445

Post ONE definite reason why Custom POI Icons don't show     

I've put together over a period of time a huge selection of poi's with associated icons. Admittedly not everyone would want quite the amount I have (nearly 400'000 poi's).

I've spent literally WEEKS full-time getting them all sorted - errors fixed, reasonable duplicity checks and all categorised into very neat categories.

But I found that some icons wouldn't show...

Checked that they were 256 bmp's... checked that they were 24x24 pix... everything... and after some investigations I've found the reason.

My GPS is the 2445lmt... and it will support ONLY 256 Custom poi icons! As the pois are loaded by POILOADER they appear into your custom folder on the GPS. When you scroll down the various folder titles (if you have them).. you will reach a point (chronologically down the list) where the pois will cease to be seen when you hit the 'i' button on a certain poi.

After that one.. NON will show. You have exceeded the limit. The poi waypoint will be there - but in the form of a black dot on your screen.

Hope this helps some...

flyingwolstencroft4

GPS: Nuvi 2445

Post update...     

Huh.. still getting some from the original 25 pois not showing on the map.. must be something to do with processor capabilities or something within the unit itself.

Your Name

Post Your comments     

Add your comment here:

Post new GPS POI data or GPS devices related topic in POI Updates and Downloads forum Reply to topic ONE definite reason why Custom POI Icons don't show
Home > GPS Forum > POI Updates and Downloads > Discussion
> > >

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Permalink: ONE definite reason why Custom POI Icons don't show | POI Updates and Downloads forum